The EM4710 can be secured using WPS. WPS is an easy feature, which allows you to secure your wireless network by pressing the WPS button on both your Eminent router and your wireless WPS device. The Eminent router and your wireless WPS device will then automatically ‘agree’ to use a SSID and WPA2 AES security key. The connection between the Eminent wireless router and your WPS device will be established automatically.
Note: The following steps are created using Windows 10.
1. Make sure your computer has been started and your Wireless WPS adapter is installed on your computer. Also make sure your Wireless Eminent router has an internet connection
2. If correct, an icon of the wireless connection will be added to your taskbar
3. Click the icon . A list of available wireless networks will be listed.
4. Select the network you want to connect to and click ‘Connect’.
5. If correct, Windows will now ask you to fill out your wireless security key. It also shows you to push the WPS button on the router.
6. Press the WPS button on the Eminent router for approximately 3 seconds until the WPS led will start flashing.
7. Press the WPS button on your wireless WPS adapter. Refer to the manual of your wireless WPS adapter for the exact amount of time you need to press the WPS connection.
8. The connection between the Eminent router and your wireless WPS adapter will be established automatically.
Hint: Some WPS adapters and Windows versions require you to use the supplied WPS adapter software. If so, the steps described above can differ from your own situation. Please refer to the manual of the wireless WPS adapter for the exact steps.
Hint: When connecting a dual band receiver by WPS, the connection will be established for the strongest signal, either on 2,4GHZ or 5GHz.