- Download the tool SMBUP via the following link: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/41541/smbup
- Copy the file to your applications folder SMBUP.
- Start the program SMBUP. This program will download and install the SMB1 service on the MAC.
- Follow the installation instructions. At the end of the installation choose "Configure Shared Disks"
- Click on "Add new shared drives" and select the folder you want to share with the media player.
- Click "Choose" to select the folder.
- Make sure the option "Allow Guest" is enabled.
- If you want to prevent that files can be deleted then also check if the option "Read Only (RO)" is enabled.
- Click "Update" to share this folder.
- Repeat this step for all the folders you want to share (music / images / movies).
- Optionally, you can change the network name as it appears later on the streamer in the "Name" text field (for example: MAC)
- Press "Save All" (If this option is not available then click on the lock icon and enter the security password to unlock this option).
- Now you can share folders via Finder in the MAC.
- In Finder, navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Click with the right mouse button on the folder and select "Show Info".
- Turn on the option “Shared Folder”.
- Click on “Sharing & Permissions”.
- Check if the user “Everyone” has at least “Read Only” rights checked.
- Then press and select “Apply to enclosed items…” ( if this option is not available then click on the lock and enter the security password to unlock this option and repeat this step.
- Press OK.
- Repeat this for all folders you've shared earlier in SMBUP. Open SMBUP and verify that the Samba server is running.
Green = Active
Red = Not active
When it turns red you have to click on the button “Start”. ( is this option not available then you have to click on the lock en enter the security key to make this option available ).
When the circle turns green you can access the directories and play the files through on the Media player.
Attention!: The program SMBUP needs to be rebooted every time after the MAC has been rebooted