Eminent wants to make Eminent websites easy for you to navigate and Eminent Products easy for you to use. We are constantly improving Eminent websites and Eminent Products to make them more user-friendly.
What information is collected?
We collect personal and product information when you visit our website, or if you use one of our products that are connected to the internet and / or that you can operate with a mobile app. To use these products and apps you have to fill in your username (or product id), password, email address, or mobile phone number.
Products that can make use of this are our IP cameras and WiFi alarm systems. With a number of products, data can be stored in the cloud and you can connect to other apps. When using external apps, you give permission to the app and the conditions of those apps apply to the use of those apps. Examples are Alexa, Google Home and DreamCatcher.
All other products do not store any personal data when we or our partners have access to them.
Personal & account Information
- When you are invited to create an account for an Eminent product, we will collect your name and email address. When you have accepted the invitation your phone number and other account details are obtained during the installation process.
- Unique identifiers such as your user name and password.
- Which type of e-mail (information, driver/software updates, both or neither) you want to receive.
E-mail information using our contact form
When you use our contact form in order to send us general or support related questions, the following data will be stored by Eminent:
- Your e-mail address (encrypted)
- The subject of your e-mail
- The product your question(s) relates to (if applicable)
- The date and time of the contact
- The attachment accompanying your question (if applicable)
Requests for spareparts or direct handling of an RMA
When you apply for a sparepart or deal directly with an RMA, Eminent comes into possession of personal data such as your address. For tracking statistics in the RMA system, we use the product number and iic code of the product for which service is required.
Registration of a product
You have the possibility to register a product so that we can keep you informed of, for example, firmware updates and improvements. We will only use your e-mail address for these purposes. We ask you for explicit permission to send.
Where to buy / Store locator
No data will be stored when using this service.
Creating an account on the website as a consumer
You can create an account within the Eminent website. The goal is to be able to keep your preferred list and you can see if you are registered on the Eminent newsletter.
Cookies, web beacons and other web tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets (collectively, "web tools"). These web tools collect certain information that your browser or your mobile device sends to Eminent websites and Eminent Products, such as computer IP address, browser type and service provider. In addition, Eminent uses small pieces of code called web beacons. Web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This allows Eminent to collect information such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referring page you previously visited, what browser or mobile device you are using, and your display settings. Eminent and its partners use web beacons, for example, to find out if advertising on Eminent websites and other websites that contain Eminent ads is effective, or if certain videos on Eminent websites or social media accounts are being viewed.
Eminent may use web tools for the following purposes:
- To identify the user's country and language and distinguish you from other users of Eminent websites.
- To save your registration information for future use on Eminent websites and services.
- To allow customer surveys to appear or not appear to customers.
- To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of Eminent websites and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient.
- To understand how you use and interact with Eminent websites and services.
- To improve Eminent websites and services.
- To count visitors to Eminent website, social media accounts and Products, and analyze website traffic, such as how many visitors have come to the Eminent website.
Third party cookies
Cookies are also placed on this website by third parties. These are for example social media companies such as YouTube. YouTube will include tracking cookies.
You have the following choices regarding Eminent's use of web tools:
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, many features of Eminent websites and Eminent Products may not work as intended if you disable cookies, and areas that require registration or authentication and Eminent website store transactions will not be accessible.
Device data when using products that are connected to the internet or have a cloud functionality
This is possible when using IP cameras and WiFi alarm systems.
- Audio and / or video is collected by the device and stored on the device or your mobile phone. We do not have access to this data.
- When using cloud functionality, audio and video data are securely stored on our servers to ensure that you have access and can play them.
- Environmental data from Eminent’s sensors, such as motion, air quality, humidity, temperature, and ambient light.
- Device Information, such as model and serial number, physical network information (including IP address), device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location.
Connection CamLine Pro IP Cameras
To set a connection, the cameras all have their own ID with unique password. The server provider we use for this is ISO 27001 certified. This server checks whether the ID and password match each other. The outcome is communicated to the servers to set up the video stream. The servers doesn’t store the data. All data is locally stored in the camera itself.
Next, when the camera detects any movement, a push notification is send to your smartphone. Did you configure the camera with your phone? The camera will send a command to the push notification server. At the same time, your phone will send a command to this server to verify the OS your phone is using; Android or iOS. Your phone and camera are matched in this way. When movement is detected, the camera will send a notification to the push notification server. This server forwards the notification to the GCM (Google push server for Android Devices) or to the APNS (Apple push server). These servers ensure the handling of the notifications.
How do we use your information
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide you with user services and improve the Eminent Product functionality and user experience.
- Administer your account and back-up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications through the Eminent app. You can manage your notification preferences within the mobile app menu.
- Send you marketing communication, where allowed by the legal regulations. After your permission.
- To conduct research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our site and products, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our site, our products, create new features, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
How do we share your information
We will share certain categories of your information with third parties only in certain circumstances as described below:
Identifiable personal data
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that contains data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify you, like your name or email address. We only share this information under extremely limited circumstances. Primarily, this information is shared with third parties to provide you necessary services or to operate your Eminent device. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Specifically, we may share this information as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, data storage facilities, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., with vendors that help us with delivering products to you, vendors that help us maintain our Site, or analytic providers).
- In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent legally allowed, we will notify you of such requests prior to disclosing any information sought.
- To protect us and others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
We may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, research, or similar purposes.
Information that we share with your consent
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties provided we receive your consent to share that information. For example, you may opt to share certain information so it can be posted on your social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter, you may link your Eminent account with another app, Product or Service, or you may opt into providing information to Eminent’s business partners to receive special offers. Information will never be shared for these purposes without your consent.
Information obtained from third parties
If you provide personal information about others or if others provide us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by Eminent websites and Eminent Products. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information.
If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Updates and upgrades
Eminent Products may be updated or upgraded from time to time to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make your user experience better. Some Eminent Products may include an auto-update feature, which gives us the ability to make updates automatically. You can change auto-update options by changing your settings within the Eminent Product account information where applicable. In very limited cases, updates may still be automatically applied, regardless of the auto-update setting. For example, we may provide an automatic update that prevents or fixes a security vulnerability or breach to your network.
Third party and social media linked sites
Registration of resellers
As a recognized reseller, you have the opportunity to deal with RMAs directly with Eminent in the Netherlands. To do this, you create an account in our reseller system. Your data will be processed as a contact person for being allowed to apply for RMAs
Resellers also have the possibility to be registered as sales points after approval from Eminent. Here too we store the details of a contact person.
When creating an account you can indicate whether you want to receive a newsletter. You can always unsubscribe from this newsletter.
How we protect personal data
Eminent takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. Eminent uses service companies for the hosting of websites, sending e-mails and providing support. If you have the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Removing your data
You can ask Eminent to remove any personal information you have entered on or website by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Request for the removal of data on the Eminent website”. Please include the e-mail address you used when entering the personal information you want removed. Removing your personal information will be done within two weeks.
You can use your browser or special software to remove cookies.