In the media player EM7680 Kodi version 17.6 and Kodi version 18.4:
- Navigate in the menu towards the cogwheel icon and press on the “OK” button on the remote control
- Navigate to “LibreELEC” and “Services”
- Navigate to “Minimum protocol version” and press on the “OK” button on the remote
- Choose here for SMB1
- Go to “Maximum protocol version” choose again for SMB1 (this in order for backwards compatibility for the legacy SMB protocol)
- Go back to the main menu “Enter files section” go to “Add Videos…” → “Browse” go to “Windows network (SMB) → “WORKGROUP” (WORKGROUP is often the default Workgroup name for most Network devices, unless configured differently by user)
- Your share(s) should now be visible whereas after selecting your share, you should press “OK” on the right, after this you could enter a name (among others) for the media location, press on “OK” and again on “OK”
Your shared folder has now been added, whereas your able to navigate directly to it, via the main menu. Go from here again to “Enter files section” and the share should be directly visible.
You are also able to add your share to the “Favourites“ menu. Select the share and press on the “Drop-down settings menu” button on the remote and choose for “Add to favourites”.
In case you want to stream files through your media player via Windows 10, but the share is not visible in the “Windows network (SMB)” environment, even though you configured Windows in the correct way i.e. you have shared a folder (with read/write permissions for everybody). Then follow the FAQ through this Link in order to add your shared file(s) from Windows 10 to the media player.
For this to work however; it is necessary to enable SMB1 in Windows 10. Follow the instructions below.
Activate SMB1 in Windows10:
Press and hold the Windows-key on the keyboard and press one time on the “R” key, the “Run” windows will appear.
- Type in this window: optionalfeatures
- Go to the category “SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support” and open it by clicking on the + sign
- CHECKMARK: SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal
- CHECKMARK: SMB 1.0/CIFS Client
- CHECKMARK: SMB 1.0/CIFS Server
- Eventually click now on “Ok” and reboot your PC