Before we can set the camera on the Synology Surveillance station, we first have to find the IP address of the IP camera. If you do not know the IP address of the camera, you can find it via the CamLine Pro PC software.
TIP ! : To ensure that the camera always uses the same IP address, we recommend that you set a fixed IP for the camera when you want to add it to the Synology Surveillance station. If you do not do this and the IP camera gets a new IP address because your modem / router has had a reset, the surveillance station can no longer record the camera images.
- First we have to find the IP address of the IP camera. If you do not know the IP address of the camera, you can find it via the CamLine Pro PC software or APP. Start the CamLine Pro software on your PC. click "+ -> LAN search". Your camera will now appear in the list with the Camera ID, behind it is the IP address and the port number.
- Write down the IP address of your camera.
- Now that you have noted the data of the IP camera you can log in to the Synology NAS.
- Start the Surveillance station on the NAS.
- Click on the "IP camera" icon.
- Click on "Add"
- Click on "Add camera"
- Select "Complete setup" and press "Next".
- Now enter the data from the camera. In the IP address field, use the IP address of the IP camera and at port the port number of the IP camera (default: 81 or 443). Select the corresponding model for brand "Eminent" and for camera model. The correct username is admin, and the password can be found on the supplied card.
- Check that the resolution and frame rate (fps) are correct.
- You can also change your recording settings if desired.
- And at the last step you can indicate when the Surveillance station must record.
- Press "Finish" and the camera is added to the Surveillance station.